writing helpfrom expert writers.
We are a team of professional native English speaking writers and students, working day and night to create a helpful academic guide for current students. In our posts, we will uncover the secrets of writing essays, research papers, term papers and dissertations. Sometimes we would take on homework assignments from students and assist them in completing their tasks free of charge.
Crafting An Argumentative Essay On The Pros And Cons Of Dress Code
If you are ever assigned to write an essay on the pros and cons of having a dress code, we can help you with that by giving you some tips on setting up your argument effectively. This article will focus on giving the structural patterns needed to create a good argument regarding the issue of having a dress code. So if I were you, I would surely read on to learn more.
Significant Aspects of the Paper
- Initially, you have to figure out what your stand is on the issue. Are you for or against the dress code? Once you have figured out what side you want to defend, then you can proceed to make your arguments.
- After figuring out which side you choose to take, you would have to write a good premise for your argument. For example, ask yourself why you would want to have a dress code in school. You can enumerate some of the benefits of having a dress code to answer this question. The same reasoning goes for the opposite side.
- After writing your basic premise, the next step would be to write the body of your argumentative essay. Here, you can focus on explaining your main argument along with your objection and reply to this objection.
- For example, since you are defending the dress code, you would have to explain in the body of your exposition why this is so. What are the advantages of having a dress code for you? If you’re working on the other side, then the opposite applies.
- After this, you can write the objection to your main argument. Why would there be no real problems with not having a dress code instead? You can fill in this space with statistics and data from interviews that you have gathered through the course of this study.
- Then you can create your response to the objections that you have made. Here, you can reiterate why it would be advantageous for any institution to have a dress code. Explain the advantages of having a dress code for men and women. Show how they can make it work regarding having their style.
- Lastly, you can make your conclusions regarding the issue. Make sure that you will be able to convince the audience to see your point of view regarding the subject matter otherwise, your efforts to write an effective argumentative exposition would be futile.
Additional Points to Remember
Keep in mind that you can have one and two premises for a single argumentative exposition. You don’t have to confine yourself to one idea. As long as you can defend both in your writing, then your argumentative essay should work.